Building a successful eCommerce platform is like a marathon. It takes effort to build a customer base. It takes careful monitoring to build a website that people will trust. But losing your loyal customers is as quick as a sprint race. Counterfeit products are a catalyst to ruining your platform’s reputation.
With the marketplace going online, eCommerce sites are becoming notorious for becoming a safe place for fakes. Experts in anti-counterfeit technology believe that the public’s skepticism is increasing as eCommerce is gaining popularity.
Have you heard people say these things?
- ‘I would never buy a luxury brand online. What if it’s fake? What if I can’t return the product on time?’
- ‘I use eCommerce to compare the cost with on store price. I can use the online price to get a good discount in the store.’
- ‘Buying medicines online is an unthinkable proposition to me. I can’t risk my health with fake or substandard medicines.’
- ‘The image and description never match the actual product. So how can I trust products that I cannot touch and feel before buying?’
The criticism is valid and skepticism understandable. But anti-counterfeit experts at ACVISS ask if there is any other way. Ecommerce is growing and will continue to boom in the future. Data accessibility and widespread use of smartphones have made eCommerce a platform of choice. With last-mile delivery options, eCommerce products can now reach remote villages. Ecommerce is a necessity, especially during a pandemic. But for it to become the first choice for all product categories, we need to tackle the issue of counterfeit.
If you are running an eCommerce platform, here is the secret ingredient of your business model: Quality assurance and Trust.
You might ask, ‘isn’t quality assurance the seller’s responsibility?’ Let’s get real here. The sellers have little brand value of their own. Their identity is masked behind your reputation. You are the big brand that customers will trust and blame. Any and every transaction that happens on your platform will invariably impact your image. Anti-counterfeit experts opine that business owners of eCommerce platforms need to consider these things:
- Counterfeit destroys a brand’s value and image. The destruction can break down an eCommerce site.
- You cannot treat your customers like a revenue-generating machine. If you shift the blame on the seller, customers will criticize you. Brands need to show that they care.
- Your customers will appreciate even a small effort from your side to tackle counterfeit. Loyal customers will notice the intent and actions.
You will find the red flags if you are actively looking for them. Have you noticed any of the following?
- Cheap products may attract customers, but fakes will drive them away. Are the products sold at a price much cheaper below their market value? It is a red flag.
- Are all the necessary documents in place? Is the seller a part of the official distribution or authorized channel? While time-consuming, a hygiene check can go a long way in reducing fake listings.
- Is the product listed several times, with a wide variation between prices for each listing?
- Poor image and wrong description can be off-putting. But it should put you on alert mode while scanning for fakes.
Besides using the general rule of thumb guidelines, here are some steps you can take to stop counterfeit listings and sales:
Experts advise that a robust IP implementation strategy is your winning stroke for brands. Ecommerce platforms should make reporting IP infringements easy and quick. The online world is as confusing and exciting as a maze. Protecting eCommerce platforms from counterfeit products is now a part of branding.
- Regular monitoring of search engines, social media pages, eCommerce platforms is critical. Since the internet is a vast place, automation in monitoring can save time and money.
- Do you have a process in place to verify the trademarks of products sold on your platform?
- As you grow in size and value, you become more vulnerable to phishing attacks. Similar sounding domains with slight spelling variations can lure your loyal customers. Not to mention, customers who are duped will blame you! Registering a domain saves your brand from online abuse.
- People often ignore mobile apps. Today most consumers use mobile apps for eCommerce purchases. So your mobile apps should be protected. Consistently scanning for unauthorized APKs and installation files is important.
- Smooth logistics and an error-free supply chain is the main feature of a good eCommerce company. Goods can get damaged or stolen during transit. With eCommerce companies looking for a broader customer base, the supply chain gets complex. Tamper-free packaging can go a long way in ensuring the quality of the product.
Verified and authorized sellers with genuine products ensure you have happy customers. Happy customers leave good reviews. While constantly monitoring your eCommerce platform can seem daunting, AI has come a long way to help you here. No wonder why some of the best eCommerce stores use AI and anti-counterfeit technology to tackle counterfeit. At Acviss, we have built tools like Truviss, which are AI-enabled to automatically and diligently accomplish all the above tasks.
Call us now at +91-6362055006 for a free demo.